Saturday 15 February 2014

Our preparations for 2 TV appearances in one day - that's more than Ant and Dec!

Preparations for the Big Day.

15.2.14

I have now had all the details through for the big day - the train is booked as are TWO hotel rooms.  As pointed out in my last post if we had been forced to share a room there may have been an entirely different story on the TV the following day - and only one living guest for the show.

The Documentary is listed in the printed TV papers.  showing as the following link..

http://tvguide.tvchoicemagazine.co.uk/47602314_tv_Cant_Stop_Wont_Stop_Hoarding

It is complete with picture of Imelda in his front room. It says "Documentary examining the stories of people whose compulsion renders them incapable of throwing things away and keeps them from enjoying a normal life. Featuring an 82-year-old man in Cardiff, a 74-year-old woman in Florida, and a 52-year-old man in Bristol whose girlfriend is coming round to his flat for the first time."

My feelings regarding the issue are that I am going on the programme to support Imelda and give the story from the perspective of the relative of a hoarder.  Imelda is the main attraction of interest.  I have been asked by people on various hoarder forums what Imelda thinks of all this.  They say that they would be so ashamed and horrified if it was their home and contained hoarded mess being shown on TV.  They all appear to be still in the closet about their situation.  There is NO WAY they would allow the cameras to film in their houses.  Most of them do not have friends round and come up with all sorts of excuses for people not to come to their houses.  Most, if not all of their friends and family, have no idea they are hoarders.


How does Imelda feel?

Imelda is on his own planet!  He just called me and read out a list of no less that twenty of his friends, relatives and acquaintances from years back, everyone on his Christmas Card list, his accountant, his hairdresser and the Vicar.  He has contacted all the people on his list because he thinks "they may be interested''.

I asked his exactly why he was telling everyone about the programme.  If it were me I would keep very, very quiet.
His response? "Well I have nothing to hide, nothing to be ashamed of is there?"

WHAT!?  Personally if it were me, I would treat it the same as appearing on embarrassing bodies with a genital wart. A total NO WAY from the very start.  (And for clarity no I do not have a genital wart.)

So Imelda is acting as if he has been nominated for an Oscar or a lifetime achievement award.  He is well chuffed with himself.

I think as far as Monday is concerned what with the live TV appearance on THIS MORNING and then the showing of the documentary in the evening we will be on TV that day more than Ant and Dec!

I still have not been allowed to have Monday off work yet so in between being in London for the TV show and at home for the documentary I have to squeeze in a shift in work too.

Big Day!

And I think I will have to go to the pub with the girls after the programme as well.

Updates probably after the show.

:)

No comments: