Wednesday 1 July 2015

Adult Children of Hoarders - Many of us share Wierd Freaky Traits...

I firmly believe Hoarders are all different and have their own particular foibles, annoyances, attitudes and outlooks. I also am aware many hoarders share personality traits especially those such as putting their stuff before anything else including their families.

I also firmly believe we Children of Hoarders also have similar traits which we appear to have inherited.  I recently was on a facebook forum for children of hoarders and we came up with the following which many of us have which could be classed as wierd freaky behaviour.

1) This is my very favourite - Cleaning the vacuum cleaner FILTER - not only does the cleaner get emptied after every use but the filter gets cleaned AT LEAST once a week.  I feel as if I have to get ALL of the dust out and gone for ever and I feel good when this is done.  I don't like things which I know to be total rubbish/trash/junk to hang around the house.

2) Pulling the hair out of the bath plug hole.  If it is there and it should not be there and there is no other possible use for it then it has to go and it has to go NOW.

3) Houseplants with dead leaves.  Dead leaves will not regenerate and so they get cut off and they are OUT.

4) A bottle in the bathroom with only a bit remaining - decant this into a new bottle so that the old one can go in the bin.

5) Fallen out hair stuck in a hairbrush - OUT.

6) The old telephone directory goes out the very minute the new one comes through the door.

7) Junk mail - the minute I hear the letterbox I have to go see.  I can't let the junk mail sit there waiting.

8( While watching a DVD in the middle of Shrek, getting the urge to get up and tidy the front room as I cannot relax while there is a mess.

9) Any rubbish destined for the local tip or recycling centre has to go at the next possible opportunity. I can't stand it hanging around.

10) Emptying the fluff out of the dryer filter the very minute the cycle finishes.

11) Emptying those little dots out of the hole punch.

Any others?  I am sure I will add more as and when I think of them.

No comments: