Thursday 29 January 2015

Hoarder logic. On what planet does it make sense?

Here is Imelda's second best gardening jumper

I went to see Imelda today.  He couldn't resist a little dig about his 'best gardening jumper' which is, probably, somewhere at the bottom of a Cardiff landfill site.  Had it been anything like this one (and I believe it was). I would have carefully assessed its likely usefulness value when I was clearing his house (so that HE could come out of hospital remember - not for any benefit of my own).  Having been one of many. many, MANY similar items all in a similar state of disrepair, AND having noted that he still had the really warm wool yellow jumper which I bought him about 20 years ago which has NEVER been worn so is in a (relatively) new condition.  I no doubt would have thought he could use the yellow jumper for the garden (a mustard yellow) and put the old one in the bin.

Today he said he missed his old FAVORITE gardening jumper - he was at pains to tell me his mother knitted it for his father and it was handed down to him as it was wool don't you know and VERY warm but it seems to have disappeared, he said, since I was 'messing around' in the house.

He said LUCKILY. (I kid you not), Luckily, he had found his second favorite jumper (which evidently I had not found) - Oh get him. how well he hid it - evidently he is SO much smarter than me,

HOWEVER - sadly the moths had found it first and there were a few holes in it, he said and did I know how to darn? SERIOUSLY?  I said I thought it was beyond repair really but I asked him why he didn't wear the yellow one.  He told me the yellow one was not really the right colour for the garden.

Speechless!



Oh and here is an updated pic of his living room - can you spot FOUR televisions in the picture?

No comments: