Monday 15 December 2014

What is the WORST thing a girl can ever find in her handbag?

I may have mentioned previously that I have an allergy-free pet.  In my opinion my pet is the PERFECT pet for me.  He has no fur to make me sneeze and wheeze.  He makes no noise at all so never barks when I am on the phone. He has never bitten me or any of the family.  He recognises the family and is the most gentle pet I could wish for.  He only has a poo once or twice a week which is easily cleaned and sorted.  He only eats once a week. He doesn't moult fur everywhere all over the house.  he doesn't smell.  I love him to pieces, as do the kids. His only requirement is a hidey house for when he wants to be alone and a heat mat for him to regulate his temperature.

His name in 'Trouser' and this is him >>>

As I said he is gorgeous! A four feet long corn snake.

Anyway, last week his mouse supply ran out - his mice are bought frozen at the local pet shop.  I nipped in there to get some mice on the way home on Friday evening - they had frozen mice on offer four for the price of three so I bought four and put them in my handbag to take straight home. (They are supplied in a plastic bag). As soon as I got home I put the mice in the freezer in the garage and as the weather was cold I went straight into the house.

That night I went out for a few drinks and a natter with the girls - all went well.  I got home and went to bed a bit the worse for wear. Saturday and Sunday I stayed in the house in my onesie feeling a bit sorry for myself - a touch of man-flu and one too many vino's on the Friday.

Monday morning I went to work, put my bag and coat by the heater and sat at my desk a few desks down.  About eleven O'clock I went to break and opened my bag for my purse.  I scrabbled about in the bottom for my purse while I nattered with my colleagues.

It was then I discovered it - soft and squidgy but a bit stiff - WTF.. I checked my bag to see what the hell I had put my hand on - I looked in the bag and screamed.  That offer on frozen mice - five for four - I had bought five - and only four had gone into my home freezer.

Yeuch!  It stank! My colleagues looked at me - somewhat 'gone off''.  I couldn't show them.  I couldn't even tell them. What was I supposed to say?  What the hell was I supposed to do with it?  I could hardly put it in the bin in the canteen could I?  I couldn't leave it in the bin in the toilet either.  In the middle of a huge building where could I put it? I couldn't fling it out the window.

I got up and left - fast.  I went outside and put it in a bin outside.  Touching the thing made me gag - it has clearly been in my bag since Friday 4pm and now it was Monday 11am. It had been to the pub with me Friday night and then lain undisturbed in my bag all weekend without being noticed until now.

It smelled VILE!

The bag and almost everything in it went in the bin with the mouse.

I went in for a scrub but the smell, I am convinced, followed me all day.  I am not sure what my colleagues thought - I didn't dare tell them but my behaviour must have seemed a bit odd.

On the positive side - time for a new handbag - as if I needed an excuse!



No comments: